Transferring to new computer

So, after 14 years I finally got a new computer and now have to transfer my collection. I know the procedure was to download the software onto the new computer and then copy all the folders in the Comic Collector folder in Documents from the old computer to the new computer, replacing the new folders. I copied everything to a flash drive but there was an instance where something wouldn’t move and I had to skip it to continue. I am now afraid that when I try and transfer it to the new computer, something is not going to work right.

Now, in the newly downloaded software, it shows there are items to be downloaded and the number matches the number of items I have on the old computer. Since that is the case, will it be better to simply download those items, like I would to my phone or tablet, instead of copying from the flash drive and risking a corruption because something was missed when copying to the flash drive?

Hi @Flagwaver

You can definitely try opening the Comic Collector program on the new computer, and then just sync with CLZ Cloud to download everything.

See if that works out good, and if so, you’re done.

Please note that the sync does not include “User Defined Fields” (but if you never made your own fields, that is no problem). Other than that you should be golden.

Give it a go. If it doesn’t work, let me know and I will help you do the old way via file transfer :slight_smile:

SUCCESS! It took 8 1/2 hours but everything seems to be there and uploading is working.

1 Like