Try app for FREE

I currently use League of Comic Geeks, and I’m not afraid to pay $20 to switch, just a little put off by the “Try our app for FREE” and you can’t try the app without paying the subscription.

My ask is has anyone made the switch, and if so - what were the key things that you liked about CLZ that LOCG did not have?

Thanks

Hi @MJMarcil thank you so much for wanting to give CLZ Comics a try. Much appreciated!

As for what everyone likes about CLZ Comics, I’ll let others speak of course.

As for trying it for free, we’re using the standard Apple/Google way of offering a “free trial”: that means you sign up, and indeed it “looks like a purchase”, but you will not be charged for 7 days, which gives you 7 days to try it, no payment required!

If you don’t like it, you can easily cancel, and you will never be charged!

If you’re not sure how to cancel, here’s how to do it on iOS:

And here’s how to do it on Android:

• Go to play.google.com.
  • Check if you’re signed in to the correct Google Account.
  • At the left, click My subscriptions.
  • Select the subscription you want to cancel.
  • Click Manage. Cancel Subscription.
  • Within the confirmation pop-up, click Yes.

Thanks for the clarification - I loaded in one series and I like the way you can select issues without going to another screen to add to the collection, I’m exploring the rest of it - seems like I would also need 2 other subscriptions to unlock values and manage from my Mac - which is a little bit of a negative, not sure if it’s a deal breaker yet though.

I’ve never used League of Comic Geeks, so I can’t really comment on that, but I’ve been using CLZ’s products for close to (maybe over?) 10 years and the one thing that sets them above the others is the level of support you get. They are constantly releasing new features and updates and getting in contact with the developers and managers is super easy.

Looking at your last reply there and noticed the part about the extra subscriptions. Yes, you need a subscription to CovrPrice to get the values in the app. But if you want a subscription to the CLZ App as well as Comic Connect (the web browser-based software), head over to Collectorz.com discount offers and bundle deals - Collectorz.com Shop and you can get discounts by bundling various products together.

Do you have an M1 Mac?

if so, you can just install CLZ Comics from the App Store on your macOS system and it will function as the iPad app, and well, that just takes one subscription.

But yes, to get values from our partners over at CovrPrice you do need an extra subscription.

Good to hear you like what you see!

1 Like

Thanks - appreciate that.

Thanks - and appreciate the feedback as well.

1 Like