Update from Core - Cancel/Undo unwanted change?

As a result of a separate, recent discussion, i noted that I didn’t have the latest cover date info in my CLZ DB. I updated my Update From Core settings to Update if Empty. Unfortunately, I failed to adjust the Series field which was left in full Replace mode.

I disabled the AutoSync. Is there a way to discard the local app updates from core and restore values from the Cloud? Alternatively, is there a way to see what was pulled from Core so I can manually revert them? Fortunately, i stopped the process after “only” 500 changes. Better than my full 20k entries.

Assuming your CLZ Cloud was fully up-to-date before you did that Update from Core… (please check!!!), the best solution is to clear the database in your app, then download all data from the CLZ Cloud again.

Here’s how to do that:

• open the app
  • from the menu, choose Maintenance, then Clear Database
  • then, again from the menu, choose Sync with CLZ Cloud to download your data.

Can you please let me know if that worked or not?

My Cloud DB was last updated sometime just prior to the undesirable Update From Core (ie. autosync ran earlier today). This should work but will take some time with 23k entries.

The good news is this worked to rollback the undesired Series update.

The good news/bad news is this helped me discover that maybe i don’t want an Update from Core at all.

The new problem is that there’s no option to avoid an update entirely for certain fields.

In my case, i have removed the TP variant on a number of book selections. For example, Annihilation has 1TP, 2TP, and 3TP in Core but I modified them locally as 1, 2 and 3. My Update options are Replace and Update of Empty - both have the same result since I cleared the variant field. After the update TP is re-added.

Original Core

After I add and modify

After Update if Empty

Any chance of getting a “Skip Field” option added so that Update from Core can be more targeted for something like “Cover & Release Date” only?

We may expand the Update from Core settings later.

Currently, for all fields that are not settings in the current screen, it will “fill when empty”.

To clarify, I’m not asking for control over any new fields. I’m looking to suppress an update to something (variant) already shown. I admit it’s a limited use case but sometimes i want to keep the blank. Currently, I can’t grab cover/release date updates without undoing the mods I made to clear variant.

But that would require a setting for the Variant field, that says, “Leave as is”, right?

Yes.

And just to add a little more context around my use case. When I initially input my collection, I found usage of TP as a variant to be inconsistent. I also don’t make a distinction between TPBs and GNs which can also be inconsistent. I actually focus on three main formats - comic, hardcover, and softcover. I modify all GNs and TPBs to be Softcover format and clear the variant description.

It wouldn’t be the end of the world if the TP comes back on an update but I’d rather CLZ respect my modifications.

For what it’s worth, I think the “leave alone” option would only be useful for Variant + Description. I can’t think of any use cases on the other Update from Core fields where someone would blank them. Then again, no one probably predicted my update pattern either. :wink:

Discovered one issue with the local DB purge… Items I had on my pull list but not yet released were lost. IIRC, pull list only syncs for published series. Had to fix that for NCBD.