Upload to cloud icon persists after auto-uploading

When my CLZ Comics mobile app detects a change that needs to be auto-synced with the cloud, the icon at the bottom right of the screen appears to indicate it. That part functions as it should.

But each time I start up the app, and it auto-syncs with whatever changes I’ve made on Comic Connect, that icon persists, even after the auto-sync is complete. In this example, you can’t press the icon, though. But if you go into a series, it then disappears.

This has been an ongoing bug for a few releases now, but I’m just now getting to posting about it. Hope it’s helpful in debugging.

Are you on Android or iOS?

Can you video this problem for me?

I’m on Android. Here is a link to my screen recording so you can see it.

Thank you for the video.

What happens if you start the app, and just wait like 20 seconds, does it disappear automatically then? Don’t browse, or tap anything at all.

I just tried that, but the icon persists. It does not disappear on its own, even if I wait longer than that. I have to click on a series within the collection, and then it goes away.

So we just tried this here:

• we added 15 comics to our Connect
  • we opened CLZ Comics on Android
  • we noticed the sync icon appear, and at the top, noticed it was syncing.
  • We didn’t do anything, and the sync icon disappeared…

So, could I ask you for one more video:

• opening the app
  • the sync icon shows
  • just leave it for 20 or 30 seconds.
  • stop the video.

Thank you!

I just tried this…

• I only updated the CovrPrice values through Connect.
  • I opened CLZ Comics on my Samsung Galaxy S10 running Android 12.
  • Noticed the sync icon appear, and at the top, noticed it was syncing.
  • I didn’t do anything, and the sync icon disappeared, just like it should.

Then I tried this…

• Added about 15 comics or so to Comic Connect as “Add to Wishlist” entries.
  • I opened CLZ Comics again on my Samsung Galaxy S10 running Android 12.
  • Noticed the sync icon appear, and at the top, noticed it was syncing.
  • But this time the icon didn’t go away, even after waiting for about 45 seconds.

For what it’s worth, I haven’t used either CLZ Comics or Connect all day today until just now if it helps debug the issue. Let me know if you need anything else. Here is a link to the video I took for the second experiment I did.

Thanks for working with me to try and figure this out!

It’s gonna take till next week before I can look into this further. I do see it in your video and I will try to replicate the issue next week. My apologies for the delay.